Monday, September 1, 2008

Sudden Change of Plan!

This evening it hit me... why wait til fall 2009 to go back to school? I am not working here in FL after leaving my seasonal job out west. I'm not bound by rent or responsibilities here.
I AM excited and ready to get this show on the road.
So...why wait?
I have decided to move my start date up and resume classes (acceptance permitting) in spring 2009!
Of course this means lots of juggling plans and shuffling priorities.
I called my uncle and father tonight to ask whether they'd be willing to have me as a house guest over the holidays, seeing as they live about 1.5 hours drive from WCU. I haven't seen them in almost 4 years, so this is a perfect opportunity.

The only thing which really concerns me now is that, while carefully re-reading the Readmission application, I came across this stipulation:
"All students are readmitted as commuters"
Umm. Well... that could present a real problem. Where on earth am I gonna live? I need to get on the ball and make some calls to the Office of Admissions to find out if there can be "special circumstances".
Maybe my mother or a friend could take me apartment hunting during December. (I do not drive, you see...by choice).

Well, I am determined, and undeterred. Somehow I am going to make this a reality!
Send positive thoughts please!

1 comment:

E. Sheppard said...

You go, girl! You can do it!