Thursday, September 4, 2008

Armed with new Info

Okay, I am back, and armed with new info, and more determined than ever to not let this stress get the better of me.
I deserve an education. I deserve a degree.
I may have to make some "sacrifices" in order to get started, but ultimately I will get into the right school, the right sources, etc.
The universe supports me. I deserve this and where there's a will there's a way.

So, that said, I found out I CAN, in fact, apply for the FAFSA before getting accepted to college. People have been giving me wrong information all along.
Now, I still don't know if I am doing this the "right" way. Will submitting the FAFSA now qualify me for federal money for spring 2009? I read that it takes 2 weeks to get your "SAR" if you file on the web... I do not understand whether that is the actual amount of aid you receive, or when and how your grants are paid to you/your school.
Time for more reading on that topic.

Clearly WCU has its own schedule for financial aid because they quite clearly told me it's far too late to apply for aid for spring '09.
So I have gone back to the "drawing board" and am now looking at studying online... OSU seems to be a good option.

Stay tuned for the next developements!


No comments: