Monday, August 25, 2008

List of Schools I'm Considering

Thought I'd go ahead and put this out there... these are the schools I am most interested in attending. They seem to have good programs in my chosen field of study (anthropology, ancient history, Near and Middle Eastern studies) and they are located in area's with many cultural amenities.
I have only just requested information from most of them. Others I am still researching.
To be honest, I have not even looked at tuition and fees.
I am trusting that somehow the universe/God will make it possible for me to go to the RIGHT school for me!

Here is the list, in no particular order:

Georgetown University, Washington DC
American University, Washington DC
George Washington University, Washington DC
Temple University, Philadelphia PA
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
NYU, New York, NY
Columbia University, New York, NY
Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
and West Chester University of PA, West Chester, PA (for mainly sentimental reasons)

An interesting observation...
I filled out an online request form for some other schools not named here, and within 12 hours had received 5 phone calls from admissions personnel.
NONE of the schools on my list have responded to my inquiries as yet.
I hope this is not a "bad sign".
I am consoling myself by believing it is due to the fact that classes are resumnig this week and that admissions employees at larger, more popular schools are much busier.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on Art Burn Report.

Alan said...

You may like my other blogs. Five Red Dice where I traded the dice for a skeleton artwork of Pamela Anderson. Now she is up for trade. Do you have a good trade to offer? Or check out Robot Nine, a daily image collection. The nine WORST websites ever is well worth wretching over.